Vision and Mission Statement
To be the leading source of information and advice concerning the ethical and scientific use of animals in research and teaching.
To achieve its Vision, ANZCCART will promote:
- Excellence in the care of animals supplied for or used in research and teaching;
- Responsible scientific use of animals.
- The 3Rs policy of Replacement, Reduction and Refinement as they apply to the use of animals for scientific purposes.
- Informed discussion and debate within the community regarding these matters.
- Strategic partnerships to contribute to the education and training of scientists, students and the broader community.
ANZCCART seeks to achieve these objectives, first by providing an ongoing focus to the social, ethical and scientific issues involved, second by providing a forum for discussion of these issues and third by facilitating access to relevant specialist advice and resources. Further, through its publications and activities ANZCCART is a source of information for the general public about how animals are used in research and teaching in Australia.
ANZCCART operates on a purely advisory basis and its membership represents the interests of government, funding organisations, research and teaching institutions, professional organisations and the community.