Animal Ethics & Welfare Centres
- Animal Ethics Infolink
Animal Research Review Panel and the Animal Welfare Unit of NSW Agriculture. This site has excellent information on animal use in New South Wales as well as links to national and international resources.
- Animals in Research and Teaching
The Victorian Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
A Centre run by the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries. (DAF) This site provides extensive information on animal use in Queensland. It has lots of information about animal welfare with sections appropriate for schoolchildren and researchers alike.
- Animal Welfare Science Centre
A joint centre of The University of Melbourne, Monash University and the Victorian Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
- Animal Welfare Information Center (AWIC)
This site has very good information on alternatives to using animals and enrichment.
- Animal Welfare Institute
This site has some excellent information on enrichment for laboratory animals.
- Animal Welfare Science and Bioethics Centre, Massey University
This centre has produced a number of authorative publications on animal welfare standards, ethics and regulation which are listed on the site.
- The Animal Welfare Collaborative
This collaborative is administered by active researchers across Australian universities, who serve as facilitators for the network and provide access to current and comprehensive information on animal welfare.
- The Canadian Council on Animal Care (CCAC)
The CCAC is the national organisation responsible for setting and maintaining standards for the care and use of animals in research, teaching and testing throughout Canada.
- The Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics (CAWE)
The Centre is part of the School of Veterinary Science, the University of Queensland.
- The Nuffield Council on Bioethics
Examines ethical issues raised by new developments in biology and medicine.
- The National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs)
The NC3Rs provides a UK focus for the promotion, development and implementation of the 3Rs in animal research.