Alternatives to the Use of Animals in Research
- Altox.org (2008)
Validated/Accepted Alternative Methods.
- Altweb: Alternatives to Animal Testing on the Web
The Johns Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT) aims to find new methods to replace the use of laboratory animals in experiments, reduce the number of animals tested, and refine necessary tests to eliminate pain and distress.
- Future Improvements: Replacement in Vitro Methods Balls M. (2002) ILAR 43(Suppl.)
- Replacement of Animal Procedures: Alternatives in Research, Education and Testing Balls M. (1994)
- European Union Reference Laboratory for Alternatives to Animal Testing (EURL-ECVAM)
A scientific information service on advanced alternative methods in biomedical sciences.
- Fund for the Replacement of Animals in Medical Experiments
The long-term goal of the organisation is the total elimination of laboratory animal use, through the development, validation and acceptance of replacement alternative methods.
InterNICHE is an open and diverse network comprising students, teachers and animal campaigners. The network focuses on animal use and alternatives within biological science, medical and veterinary medical education.
- Medical Advances Without Animals Trust
The National Centre for the Replacement, Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research (NC3Rs) provides a UK focus for the promotion, development and implementation of the 3Rs in animal research.
Netherlands Knowledge Centre On Alternatives to Animal Use (NKCA) is the central point in the Netherlands for coordinating research and disseminating information on alternatives to animal experiments. The site has links to information and resources for alternatives to animal use.
The NTP Interagency Center for the Evaluation of Alternative Toxicological Methods (NICEATM).
- A Norwegian Inventory of Alternatives.